Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hum Right To Be A Fatty

Those who know me will know that I am a big man 6ft 2ins 23 stone and I have been a reasonable standard Judo/Sambo Player most of my life and since the age of 17 trained on a regular basis. Now my career in those sports has left me with a replacement Knee, Hip plus I may have to have the other knee replaced. Now I am not complaining I have enjoyed the sports the travel, meeting people and the adulation so I would never change things. Now the reason I mention this is that for most of my career I have never had to diet always fighting in the super heavy weight category but in the last 10 years I have inherited my Mother's Diabetes type 2. Once you have this you are told to eat certain foods and lose weight. Well I abide strictly to my diet in the sense I watch what food I eat, I eat healthy and I minimise my alcohol intake. The latter is not so hard because I notice the older I get the worse the hangovers are, especially after my favourite tipple a Bottle of Red Wine. I also train on average 5 days a week for 40 minutes to hour a day Monday to Friday, yet my weight stays at 23 stone my average RPR is 68 my blood Pressure is 135/75. Yet the Medical people want me to drop to 14 stone I was last at that weight when I was 14 years, yes I have a stomach but I am proud to say my chest is still bigger then my stomach.
 
I am the one wearing a check shirt
My point I am trying to make is surely there is a better way to ascertain person’s fitness rather then just on weight? As for being fat is a disability well yes it is but it something of your own doing and in the case of the Fat Geezer mentioned below something thing that can be remedied by him dieting and exercising, he looks like lazy man who eats to much and the wrong food

The 25-stone childminder who is so fat he cannot tie his charges' laces launches European court bid to have obesity officially declared a disability
·       Mr Kaltoft was sacked by his local authority in Denmark for being unable to perform his duties due to his size
·       If 25st Mr Kaltoft wins, employers might have to provide fat people with larger seats and parking spaces next to the office
·       Half the population of Britain could be obese by 2050
·       In Britain, rates of obesity have doubled in the past three decades
·       64 per cent of adults are now overweight


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.