Monday, May 13, 2013

Support Gordon and Daniel

It comes as no surprise that Gordon has been chosen as Conservative Candidiate, he is one of just a few in politics who looks after the interest of his constituency.

UKIP have proved that this country wants a referendum on the EU with both Gordon Henderson MP and Daniel Hannan MEP we have two strong Euro Sceptics. I just hope all of you who have voted UKIP realise that a vote for UKIP in these region coud see a Labour MP and with that no referendum. The newspaper have been saying that some Conservative Constituencies are working together to prevent Labour and LibDems getting into power I hope the local UKIP party use their common sense and support Gordon and Daniel



Date:  13th May 2013
Release:  Immediate

Gordon Henderson chosen as Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for 2015

Local Conservatives have confirmed that sitting Member of Parliament, Gordon Henderson, will be their candidate at the General Election in 2015.

Mr Henderson was readopted unanimously at a meeting of the Sittingbourne and Sheppey Conservative Association held in the Sheerness Conservative Club on Friday 10th May 2013.

In his acceptance speech Mr Henderson said that he was delighted and genuinely touched to have been given the opportunity to carry on with the work he has doing on behalf of the local community during the past three years.

Mr Henderson reminded Conservative Party members of his pledge, made at the time of his election, that he would always put the interests of the community before party politics.

Mr Henderson said:

‘I believe that I have delivered on my pledge by voting against the Government on at least 30 occasions when I felt a particular policy would adversely affect my constituents or where I thought the policy was wrong.

‘Whilst I am a Tory, and proud of it, I strongly believe that it is important that MPs have an independent streak and do not allow themselves to be bullied and browbeaten by party whips. I am immensely grateful that members of my local Conservative Association fully support the stance I have taken when opposing the Government.

‘I am grateful also they understand that in order to do the best I can for my constituents, I have to co-operate fully with local councillors from other political parties. There are many associations whose members would frown on such co-operation! Personally, I think it is just being grown up about politics.’

The Chairman of Sittingbourne and Sheppey Conservative Association, John Burke, said:

‘Members of the Sittingbourne and Sheppey Conservative Association are delighted that Gordon has agreed to stand for election again in 2015 and were equally delighted to adopt him as our candidate at the next General Election. His independent stance on so many issues that concern people locally, has simply reinforced our belief that he should serve another term as our MP.






‘Gordon’s commitment to our community is exemplified by the way he seeks co-operation with local councillors, whatever their political party, to ensure that those of his constituents with a problem receive the best possible help available.

‘I believe that Gordon’s stance on the issues that really concern local residents such as Europe, Immigration, The NHS, Employment, Welfare reform, support for business growth and protecting our countryside from excessive house building, was justified by the recent KCC elections results.

‘With UKIP and Conservative candidates picking up 61% of the votes, and with both parties supporting his views, I think that Gordon truly represents the majority of people in Sittingbourne and Sheppey and will be re-elected in 2015."  

ENDS





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.