Thursday, October 25, 2012

Casablanca October 2012


Wednesday October 17
Started on my journey to Casablanca for World Sambo Masters. Flew out from Heathrow terminal 4 the security is really over the top, waiting in a queue then 2 people jumped in front. Seems they were allowed as they go to another department but that didn't stop me saying "get to the back" apologized but explained that I am English and you can do anything to us and we will just mutter under our breath BUT to jump a queue then we ROAR. Loads of Arabs and Pakistanis waiting for flights what was interesting was they all dress like something out of the 10th Century yet when you look at their feet they were wearing expensive trainers and high heels, then out comes the mobile strange one foot in the past one in the present. Reminded me of a joke sent to me
A devout Muslim entered a black cab in London.
He curtly asked the cabbie to turn off the radio because as decreed by
his religious teaching, he must not listen to music because in the time of the prophet there
was no music, especially Western music which is the music of the infidel.
 
The cab driver politely switched off the radio, stopped the cab and
opened the door
 
The Arab asked him, "What are you doing?"
 
The cabbie answered, "In the time of the prophet there were no taxis, so piss off and wait
for a camel!!"
Flight was OK but Valerie got chatted up by Arab sitting next to her if he had the decency off offering a couple of camels in exchange I would not have been so annoyed. Casablanca seems to be OK. Prices about the same as UK, had walk round seafront reminded me of South of France.  Raining but warm tried a local restaurant had great tagine but those huba buba pipes where they smoke scented tobacco is disgusting. Yes here you can smoke anywhere you like and I forgot what smoke filled areas are like, was reasonably priced meal. Starter, main, 3 drink’s £25 per head.




Friday travelled to old part of city narrow streets with lots for sale, saw a painting I liked first price £22 ended up paying £5  great experience and still felt safe

Saturday Sunday involved with World Sambo Masters report on my Combatarts Blog. One thing that was a bit concerning was the Competition what next to the Countries biggest football stadium and they had a game against Tunisia, the roar from the crowd sounded like a bomb going of and the amount of Police and Army they had on duty was quite was quite disconcerting. Got a cab back to hotel a trip that should cost 50 dh, he lost his way and 10 minute journey took 30 minutes. He then tried to charge me 200 dh for his mistake, told Val to get out, once she was out I gave him 50 dh (£4) he seemed up set about this but did not argue don’t why?







Monday travelled back to bizarre in another mad taxi, was looking round for spices etc. but the hygiene with food is terrible, fly’s everywhere, no one washes hands etc. so I did not buy anything. Met up with Swiss team for tea and coffee, really like Moroccan mint tea. The begging here is bad some are just con men but every now and again you see a pathetic cripple worst I saw was a child that looked like a monkey and behaved like one. Why their government doesn't look after them is beyond me.

Tuesday had wonder round sea front and decided to have swim in Hotel and it was ice cold, now I am a big man but some parts have to compensated for my large frame and shall we say that when I came out of the water, pin and magnifying glass came to mind
Could I recommend Casablanca? For a short break certainly the hotel Club Val D Anfa was excellent 10 out of 10. The whole trip for 7 nights Bed Breakfast, Chauffeur pick up and return to aeroport and flight this was for 2 people was 1470 pounds.  Neither Val or myself got any mosquito bites that was until we got on the plane and got several

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.