Friday, July 17, 2009

Eat Locally

The Government plus many other so called experts tell us that Climate Change is a man made phenomena I not sure I believe them because all I see is a way to collect extra taxes. Yet some of things they suggest to cut down on Climate gases etc is to stop the travelling of produce we can source locally, something I agree with . Let return to eating what is grown in this country and when it is in season for some years I have been using Chiltern Manner farm for my soft fruits, a local farmer being supported by local people, his strawberries, cherries, raspberries etc are superb like many other local growers nothing taste better then fresh fruit from the farm it has been picked and when the season has finished we move on to other fruits like apples, plums and pears. Because I eat these products only when they are in season I am enjoy them even more. Most importantly these fruits did not travel thousands of miles eating fuel, plus I am supporting a local farmer and his workforce.

Martin Clarke Sittingbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.